Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mouse Guard at Comic Con
For the 5 days that is comic con, I'll be spending time at my Artist Alley Table GG-09. I'll have several signings at the Archaia booth: 2635 almost every day. I'll be signing books, selling the 2011 sketchbook. I'm looking forward to the geekfest of creators and fans coming together that is comic con, so I'll see you in a few days!(For those attending, I'll try and tweet (@mouseguard) any location/signing/info updates as much as I can. For those not attending, This will be a good way to keep up with any announcements & Eisner info)

2011 Sketchbook:
Speaking of this year's sketchbook, I wanted to give you all some more info about it. It's a 24 page full color collection of original artwork I have colored specifically for the sketchbook with a few other covers added for good measure.

Color:
For Jeremy Bastian's Birthday I did a piece of his Cursed Pirate Girl character Tag Clamb. The character is mostly seen over the course of a few panels in Jeremy's 3rd issue of CPG, but the visuals of this character struck me as amusing and fun to draw. When I was ready to color him, I had to give Jeremy a call to ask about the palette. Jeremy's book being in black & white, I had no idea if Tag was cream or blue or green or mustard...etc. I colored this piece last week as part of that live coloring Ustream session.

Fan Art:
This week's Fan Art comes from Duncan Walden. He writes that he enjoys Mouse Guard and took pride in all the detail in his fan artwork. Thanks Duncan!!

Upcoming Appearances:
San Diego Comic Con: July 20-24
Baltimore Comic Con: Aug. 20-21
New York Comic Con: Oct. 13-16

5 comments:

Bo said...

Where will these be available online for purchase? Should I check mouseguard.net or email you directly? Thank you.

Guendolin said...

Like Bo said. I'm also interested in buying the book online. We outside-america dwelling people also want to get out hands on those lovely pieces of art!

So more please information about how to order online.

And keep being an awesome author and illustrator!

DPetersen said...

RE online sketchbook orders: after we get home & settled from SDCC we will post the info on the 'for sale' section of the Mouse Guard site. The process will be just like buying pages, the online portion is just info, you need to email/pay via paypal to complete the transaction +shipping.

Bo said...

Thanks David! Have fun at SDCC.

Mayhem said...

Congrats on the Eisner btw, pity I couldn't be there :)

Blog Archive