Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Winter Black & White edition is now AVAILABLE!
The long awaited Winter B&W edition (I talked about it here), is now available on the Archaia website. I've been getting questions about buying directly from me. I won't have my copies to sell (only about 35) until later (I'm guessing early/mid Dec.). Those will get doodles in them and be more expensive. I'm not taking any requests/reservations for those, they will be 1st come 1st served. I'll also gladly sign & doodle any Winter B&W book you buy from Archaia at any convention or signing you bring it to, so buy from Archaia with confidence that you will get the book you want and can still get it signed and drawn in at a later date.
Unfortunately those will be the only two ways to get one signed & doodled (bringing one to me at a signing or buying one from me) as I will not be doing any mail-order signatures.

Commissions New & Past Due:
I'm running a bit behind this week, so the blogpost will be just a view of some of the commissions I've wrapped up recently. Some of these were past-due from San Diego or Baltimore, one is a personal thank-you/favor for someone, and most are the pieces from the New York Comic Con. I'll be opening a pre-order list later this week in my online store for the Thought Bubble con.




Watercolor Commissions:
I also wanted to share these past watercolor commissions. Most of these were from New York.





Watercolor Wednesday:
One of last week's Watercolor Wednesday pieces is from my favorite Stephen King book IT. After re-listening to the audio book (read by Stephen Weber) for the 4th(?) time, I felt it was time for me to try my hand at painting the book's horrific villain Pennywise. I'd drawn him once before in middle school for an illustration project in 8th grade art class (this was around the time the TV movie came out). That piece is long lost, but I suspect the only scary thing about it is how badly it was drawn. This piece may be too creepy for many of my regular blog readers, but I put it up as last weeke's painting as a Halloween treat.


The other treat from last week was a series of 12 Jack-O-Lanterns that I sold individually (though I think 6 of them were snagged by the same buyer).
 Tomorrow I'll post something closer to my normal subject matter in my online store.


2012 Appearances:
Thought Bubble: Nov 17-18

2013 Appearances: Emerald City: March 1-3
Fabletown Con: March 22-24
C2E2: April 26-28
Spectrum Live: May 17-19
Heroes Con: June 7-9
San Diego Comic Con: July 17-21

*more 2013 dates coming*

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you have a commission list for those that can't get to a con, I saw you at Boston last April, but I see you're not going to be there this year? Just checking to see
if I can get on a list.

Casey Crowe said...

Ah man, those jack-o-lanterns are great! I want one.

DPetersen said...

Uncle Dave: Sorry. I only take commissions in correlation with conventions. I can't juggle getting books done with an open commission list. In the future (after Black Axe & Legends v2) I may open a home list for a short time...I'll tweet/facebook about it if/when it happens

Blog Archive