Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Dragons Revisit Part 2

For the fifth episode of THE PLOTMASTERS PROJECT, Jesse Glenn & I revisited an old project of ours from 1995 called "DRAGONS". Well...we called it "DRAGONS" But that was a placeholder name at the time. Recently I redubbed it The "Last of the Dragons" -or- "The Last Five of the Dragons"...AND this project demanded a 2 part episode. Part 2 deals with the actual Dragons. (Feel free to go watch the episodes before reading further -or- reference the blogpost about my art from part 1)




Blisque the White Dragon ridden by Gwen is a snow/mountain dragon with frost breath.
I was inspired by another artist's interpretation of a Chinese dragon with fur for my Plotmasters revisit of Blisque.






Cerulean the Blue dragon ridden by Nigel is a water/aquatic dragon that breathes lightning.
I didn't feel like I could improve on Jesse's original head-shape for him drawn back in 1995, so I just focused on body proportion and the decision to not have any legs or hands.





Loden the Green Dragon ridden by Pierce is a forest dragon who breathes poison gas.
He's a strong brute who is completely land-based and cannot fly.
I looked at photo reference of Alligators and Crocodiles for my revisit/




Roan the red dragon ridden by Felix is a volcanic/lava dragon who breathes fire.
He's nimble, agile, and cocky.
Roan was my biggest departure from the original version(s) and I was trying to keep him different looking as a species and very spry.








Sable the Black Dragon ridden by Cornelius and spits corrosive acid.
She is armored with rocky scales and is nearly impervious.
Sable was my most traditional dragon in terms of proportions and style.




To synch up with the extra piece I did for the Dragons episode 1 villain, I added a villainous dragon for this episode: A Dracolitch. 
The name Aurum means 'gold' so I assume in life Aurum was a gold dragon.





You can watch the second DRAGONS episode of 
The Plotmasters Project on YouTube:



And follow us on Facebook & Twitter




2018 Appearances coming soon...

No comments:

Blog Archive